b 2pacavelli: Born to be wild

2pacavelli

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once"

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Born to be wild

[Title]...something my son is not, which made the adventure of learning how to ride a bike, challenging and intense.

If you know T-man he's shy at first, then he'll talk your ear off...he's scared of heights, then when he gets up there he loves them...he's leery of trying anything out of his comfort zone, then usually loves it when he is pushed to do things he is leery about. I can't point fingers here and even though he's not my 'blood-son', the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Learning how to ride a bike:
*Option 1 - Call my mom and find out what she did to teach me
*Option 2 - Just get out there and try it
*Option 3 - Google it (it's amazing what you can find on the web)
**Results from option 1 - "You just got on and rode back and forth across the street for hours" - mom
**Results from option 2 - Little to no progress, both parties started getting very frustrated and discouraged.
**Results from option 3 - THE ARTICLE OF ALL ARTICLES, MY SAVING GRACE.

For those expecting parents or parents getting ready to cross this bridge, listen closely, I'm about to give you the #1, secret, magic ingredient...Take the pedals off the bike and find a grassy hill. BINGO!!! We're riding a bike in less than 15 minutes, and my back is feeling a hell of a lot better than in did the 4 previous days of bending and pushing.

Here's the finished product, I didn't have my camera with me filming grassy knoll portion, but you'll get the idea.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home